Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dame Thats Some Good Waffles!


Its time for another restaurant review!  I don't know if you remember or not but a couple of months ago Brian and I "ate our way to the coast"  after reading an article in Southern Living magazine.  If you missed it you can read about it here.  On Saturday we tried another Southern Living suggestion, Dame's Chicken and Waffles in Durham, NC.

 The tables are covered in blank paper and they supply you with crayons.  Thats my kinda place!  I don't know if you can tell or not but I was hungry.  
Unfortunately, we didn't start off well, or we sorta did then we didn't then we did.  I know ya'll are all scratching your heads.  We had the cutest nicest little waitress ever.  But I found out later they were understaffed and she was switched to another area and we were supposed to get a new waitress.  Well, in the switch our order got skipped.  The table beside of us got served their food even though they had gotten there after us.  Can I just say I was hot?  We sat and ordered then I went to the bathroom on my way to the bathroom I saw a girl waiting who was later to be sat down next to us.  I went to the bathroom came back Brian and I chit chatted a few minutes then couple sat beside us and ordered.  That is how far behind us there were!  Needless to say it took us 45 minutes to get our food. ( I know this because I was worried we would have to move the car because the sign said 1 hour parking, which I found out doesn't apply on the weekend PHEW!)  Now that being said our original waitress came back and took care of us the rest of the night which I loved because she was excellent!  She even asked me if I wanted a to go cup!  Which is something I always want but its usually hard to find the waitress at that point of the dinner.  The owner gave us a discount on our food and all was good.  Now to the good part...THE FOOD!

 Best mac and cheese ever!  Its super cheesy and flavorful.  It had oregano in it which was a delightful surprise!  I think I might try it for Thanksgiving.


Don't you just want to hop on that spoon and slide on down to them grits and get ya a big ol' bite?
I don't even like grits and I kept stealing a bite from Brian's plate :)


 Dueling Roosters – Rd. I


Orange Speckled Chabo

3 comments:

  1. Those feathers would totally gross me out too! I was just thinking I would have to make a trip to Durham but looks like I won't have to since they opened one in Greensboro. Can't wait to go. Fried chicken is one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! On Friday night Lacy and her family got some from the Greensboro one and they said it was fantastic! Apparently it is right down from the market! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! On Friday night Lacy and her family got some from the Greensboro one and they said it was fantastic! Apparently it is right down from the market! Yum!

    ReplyDelete