Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Root

I got to go to an awesome place to eat this week!  My friend Pastor Lisa took me to The Root in Elon, NC.  I have to say that I am guilty of driving past it all the time but I have never stopped in.
Everything on the menu sounded delicious! 
We started with crispy sweet potato fries with truffle aioli and shaved parmesan!  These were by far the best sweet potato fries I've ever had.  Never again will I have cinnamon butter with SP fries!


My side was an order of crispy brussel sprouts.  Which is one of my new favorite veggies at  home so I was eager to see how they were cooked in the restaraunt and I was not dissapointed.  I've got to figure out what they did to them!  I think they may be oven roasted.  Definetly not yo' momma's soggy sprouts!
 And the main course, Foodie Grilled Cheese!  Its a house blend of creamy cheeses on white or wheat and you pay to add toppings, kinda like a pizza.  You can choose from tomato, spinach, mushrooms, caramelized balsamic onions, fresh basil, edamame spread, arugula, crispy fried onions, avacado and bacon!  It was supper yummy.  My sandwich up there was caramelized onions, tomato and basil and it was fantastic!  
I give it 5 out of 5 stars!  I can't wait to go back.  Next time I'm getting a burger :)


No comments:

Post a Comment