Thursday, December 6, 2012

High, Long, Wide, Deep


Ephesians 3:18
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 

I am currently reading multiply by francis chan.  (he doesn't capitalize his name  that wasn't just me being lazy!) It is an awesome book and I totally recommend it!  My Bible app has a daily reading plan to go along with it which is great!  I don't know about you guys but if I want to keep up with reading the Bible I have to have a focus or else I end up just drifting.

You may starting see a lot more of my spiritual thoughts here on my blog.  I was trying to keep my spiritual life separate from painting life but to be honest I am one person and you get what you get whether you like it or not!  

Tuesday I read Ephesians 3. And the verse 18 stuck out to me.  I don't know why it did.  I do believe that is one way that God talks to us so if you have a verse that sticks out you should think about it. 


Ephesians 3:18
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 

I've read this verse many times. I've heard many times.  It never really carried any weight.  I never thought WOW that is awesome information.  But this week I decided maybe I should look up the words long, high, wide and deep.  Boy was I surprised!  Each one had about 20 definitions!  I always think of these words as being confined.  Measurements that are limiting defining the edges of an object. I usually think in inches because I work with canvas.  So my long, wide, deep, high was very small.  Take a look at these definitions and then tell me what you think about God's love!

  • Long- reaching well into the past; forward looking; intense; higher or taller than usual; having considerable duration in time


  • Wide- having considerable or great extent from side to side; extensive; vast;spacious; open to the full or great extent; full; ample; roomy


  • High- great or considerable extent or reach upward; lofty; situated above the ground; elevated;exceeding the common degree or measure; strong; intense; expensive; costly; dear; exalted in rank/station; eminence


  • Deep- extending far down from the top of surface; extending far in or back from the front or edge; broad; ranging far from the earth and sun; covered or immersed; cutting far down; situated far down; in or back; heavily covered in; profound not superficial/ serious; heartfelt; sincere; engrossing; intense; extreme


First of all WOW  that is some awesome information!  God's love is 4D!  It extends up down all around plus time is thrown in there!  Notice that intense was highlighted.  I think it needs to be since it is in 75% of the definitions of love!  Now to throw another definition at you:

  • Intense- existing or occurring in a high or extreme degree; acute; strong; very great as in strength; having a characteristic quality in a high degree; strenuous or earnest as activity, exertion, diligence or thought.
He loves us regardless of who we are!  He knows us in 4D and loves us in 4D! He knows the past and the future.  He knows what we keep hidden deep down inside and still he loves us.  And not only just loves us but loves us INTENSELY! I don't know about you but my day is off to a great start!

Now what do you think about God's love being long, wide, high and deep?  

No comments:

Post a Comment