Monday, December 17, 2012

PRAISE before the harvest!

Mulitply Reading Plan
Psalm 67

This is a very short chapter.  Its only 7 verses long.  I actually read it two times today.  First at 5:30 am. I didn't get much out of it because I was really tired!  But then I looked back at it tonight.  And I am so glad that I did!

In 7 verses "praise" is mentioned 4 times!  That is a lot!  I think that means we have to look at the word praise

Praise:  The act of expressing approval or admiration
            Offering of greatful homage in words or song
            Praise comes from the word prize.
Prize: To value or esteem highly

In verse 4 it says be glad and sing for joy!
What does that look like? 
glad=happy 
sing  means to shout enthusiastically! (of course it means those pretty or not so pretty noises you make with your mouth too)

Ok, so now we have praise 4 times plus a be glad and shout for joy!  Oh My Gosh!!! Doesn't that just sound like fun to you!?!  It certainly does to me!  It gets even better.  What do you think happens after you do all that?

Verse 6 tells us.  Then the land will yield its harvest, and God will bless us!

Simply put Praise has to come before the Harvest!  What are you waiting on to harvest?  I tell you what I'm waiting on...people!  And I'm ready for the harvest! 
I'm waiting on People I love and care about. 
People I know intimately. 
People I barely know. 
People I've never met before.
People that live beside me. 
People that live on the other side of the world. 
People that I work with. 
People that I go to church with.

Let me just say that I plan on partying in heaven and I want to see everyone I know and don't know there! Haven't you ever heard the saying, The more the merrier? So lets get our praising shoes on and get to it!  Some of ya'll are going to have to get out of your comfort zone on this one.  You should praise God everywhere you go.  Here's one tip to get you started at church, close your eyes and pretend like your the only one in the room!  Seriously it works and one day you will be able to do it with your eyes open :)



No comments:

Post a Comment