Friday, December 14, 2012

Even God Likes A Hot Shower!

While I was taking a shower the other day I had an epiphany!  I had the unfortunate luck to take a shower after my husband.  Who uses ALL the hot water!  I take that back, not all of it just enough so that I think there is hot water left.  If I had known that there wasn't any hot water I would have waited to take my shower.

I had HOT water for about 10 seconds then it made its way to being lukewarm.  Have you ever taken a lukewarm shower?  How about a lukewarm shower after getting a quick blast of hot (it makes luke warm feel cold)  Or how about a lukewarm shower after getting a quick blast of hot on a cold winters day?  Can you see where I'm going with this?  It was torture!  It was such a tease!  No matter how much I turned the handle the water just wouldn't warm up.

Why is lukewarm so awful?
Because it is warm enough to remind you of just how great a hot shower is!  The whole time you're in a luke warm shower you're just thinking about how you wished there was just a little bit more hot water! It's absolutely maddening!

I always hold out hope that my hot water heater is going to start magically producing more water but it never does.  I would have rather had a cold shower because I would get done what I need to get done and get out! Instead of pining away for more hot water while wasting precious shower time trying to get that durn hot water to come on.

Now I get why God doesn't like lukewarm Christians!

Revelations 3:16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

I used all these words just to describe a shower: Miserable, Torturous, Teasing, Maddening (and I meant every one!)  Imagine how much more miserable, torturous, teasing and maddening it is for God to watch his most beloved creations not live up to their potential.
Lord help me to always be HOT!  And never lukewarm!

Love and Joy to you all!
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment