Available Art

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What's in a name?

My friend Dani Keith is filling out an application for a grant.  She is blogging about  the questions and her answers and I thought what fun it would be to do my own answers....



  What business/brand name are you using for  your creations? Why did you choose this name?”
I picked Lighthearted Studios.  I really wanted to chose something that would describe my art and my personality.  Perhaps it was easy to do that because my art is an extension of my personality?  I first started playing with words and phrases that had light and color in them.  I strive to make my art full of light and color so it only seemed natural.  When I started thinking about myself Lighthearted just popped out.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am laid back and "lighthearted".  I did struggle with whether it should be studios or studio.  I figured, dream big and grow into the name!  I also tinkered with Lighthearted Parties, a couple of years ago I thought I would sell art in a home party format but that didn't work out for me.  I am still available to host a home party if anyone is interested *wink wink*  

No comments:

Post a Comment