Available Art

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Eyes of An Artist

I want to share with you some of the artists that have influenced my art.  Monet is at the top of the list.  I know that sounds cliche because he is everywhere but it is the truth.  Ever since I was a child I would see his work and be completely in awe of it.  I always wanted one of his posters hanging on my wall.  When I was in high school I painted a couple of pictures that I made up based on my memories of his paintings.  
I have always been enamored by colors.  I even dream in technicolor :)  
As Monet got older his sight got worse.  Which is why some of his paintings while being impressionistic still have well defined areas and others you can barely tell what they are.  Here are some paintings he did later in life after he developed cataracts.  He had surgery to remove one from his right eye.  These paintings he did with one eye closed.  The yellow/red paintings are from the eye with the cateract and the blue ones are from the eye he had surgery on.




 
Claude Monet, The House seen from the Roses Garden, 1922-1924
          
                

I do not have cateracts but I do have poor eyesight.  I have to wear contact or glasses or everything that I see looks like the paintings above.  I even have different shades out of each eye like the paintings above, just not nearly as pronounced as Monet's.  Maybe that was one of the reasons I have always felt a connection to him.  If I ever start to lose my sight and it cannot be corrected I will still be able to paint!
If you would like to see where I got the paintings from and learn more about Monet click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment