Available Art

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Joy to the World


This is my idea for a Christmas card this year. I will be ordering it for myself so if anyone else would like some let me know! The inside of the card will say "Joy to the World".
My friend Betsey asked me to design a Christmas card for her. This really didn't match up with her vision but it certainly did with mine. I think a common vision is a constant struggle for artists who are working on commission. I find that what I have in my head and what the customer has in their head can be two totally different ideas. The trick is to find what works for both of you. As an artist I have to find that place that will make the buyer happy but also satisfy myself because I want to be proud of anything that I sign and send out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment