Available Art

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Please excuse the mess!


I know my photo is messy but thats just who I am. I am also broke! Just like everyone else! Even though I have no money I still needed a flat file. For those of you who don't know what a flat file is, it is a large file with thin drawers so that you can store paper in it. It keeps your paper nice and crease free! They start around $400-$500 and go up. I made my own, and yes it is very ghetto!

To make your own flat file, take 2 cinder blocks and put them on the floor. Add a piece of wood in the size you need, I think mine is 30x45 or something like that. Then get 4 small bricks or pavers and stick in each corner. Then you keep layering until you get the amount of storage space you need. And later if you need more space just add more wood and bricks! Its that simple. I hope someone else can use this tip! I love it! I think total it cost me $10 because I used wood I already had, I bet if I had to buy the wood it wouldn't have been more than $20 or $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment