Available Art

Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Paper!


Friday I went to Raleigh, NC to take Faith to the Museum of Natural Sciences. It was free so if you ever want to do a day trip with your kids you should check it out. While we were down there I stopped by an art supply store...they are few and far between here in the Greensboro/Burlington area, none of which carry much in the way of pastels. I stopped at Jerry's Artarama and bought a couple of Unison pastels which I have never tried so I'm excited to use those and I got Wallis paper. I've never used Wallis before but I think it is going to be my new favorite! I started a painting today. I just have an underpainting down but I thought I would show it so you can see. The biggest difference between Wallis paper and the paper I have been using is that Wallis paper accepts water. Which is awesome! I put down some pastel and then went over it with some water and a brush so it looks like watercolor. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Unfortunately the longer I paint the more expensive my taste gets in paper. I had better stop while I'm ahead huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment