Available Art

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My painting needs a name!



I need help! Hopefully if I can get this painting framed by Friday I would like to enter it into a competition. Its gotta have a really catchy name though. The title of the show is "Method". So far I am thinking about:

Artful Recipe (courtesy of my mother-in-law)
Failed Escape
Ill conceived eggscape
Ill conceived escape
Tragic escape plan

Can you see where I'm going? And that I'm stuck in a rut? Please tell me if you like one of these titles or if you have one of your own that you like better!!! My goal is to find title that will help it to mesh with the show and keep the judge thinking. I know that some people say titles don't mean anything and the work should speak for itself but people always want to know what the title is! I always want to know too! I hate it when paintings are "untitled". Post a comment here or Facebook, whereever!

Oh, by the way if you hadn't noticed, this is the finished version of the painting I've been posting to show its progress. I hope you all enjoyed watching how its done. I was up all night so I got to finish it around 2:30am. Of course then I did a little twittling on it this morning after I got up. I don't know why I couldn't sleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4am. The crazy thing is I got up around 8 and I'm not even tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment