Available Art

Monday, April 18, 2011

Dogwood before the Storm!

Last week I got the chance to paint outside while my daughter played.  I painted my neighbor's dogwood tree.  I had totally forgotten that I painted it last year until I had finished this one.  I guess I'm more drawn to it than I realized! I'm glad I got the painting done though because a couple of days later we had a terrible storm. I live in North Carolina and there was lots of tornadic activity this past Saturday. (I painted this on Thursday) I don't know if "tornadic" is an actual word but I heard the weather girl say it and I thought it was funny so I'm using it too!  The poor dogwood lost all its blooms!  Now its really sad.  So I'm raising my glass, or in this case paintbrush, to the dogwood!  It is available for purchase but I haven't listed it on etsy yet because its still wet. It is 8x10 oil on panel. Just email me at ambercauley@yahoo.com if your interested.
Dogwood before the Storm

My cutie posing with her momma's painting


Last year's painting of the dogwood, Hazy Days, Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment